As on 2 August 2017, Kerala govt has decided to include 1810 new posts for Aided Higher secondary schools. (Details updated below). Kerala Last grade servant recruitment is conducted by PSC in 2017 with Category No: 071/2017. Most interesting thing about it is scale of pay of Last grade servants (LGS) from Rs.16,500 to Rs. 35,700. Kerala Pay revision report was approved by Cabinet under Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on 20 January 2016.
Prior to the Kerala Elections 2016 salary revision of Government employees was approved. Kerala Pay Revision 2015 report was submitted by Commission on Monday, 13 July 2015.
This was the most awaited report by employees of State Government Level. 30-7-2016 There will be hike of 3% in Dearness allowance (DA) from July to December 2016 or Kerala Govt staff, Teachers. DA will become 12% of Basic Pay with this hike.
Average National Consumer Index has increased to 269 points. From February 2016 all Government employees will get the salary as per new pay scale. Arrears from July 2014 will be given in four installments from April 2017, which is appreciated because in last years the arrears was merged with PF, this time it will be given as cash.
New pay revision approval by Kerala will benefit around 5 Lakh employees in Govt service, 4 Lakh pensioners. Based on 10th Kerala Pay Revision, there will be a minimum increase of Rs.2000 to maximum salary revision of Rs.12000. From now on lowest salary of a Kerala State government employee is Rs 16,500 and highest salary in Kerala Govt service is Rs 1,20,000.
High School Teachers, LDC, UDC pay revisions are most important among them. Now Government which will study the report and will make approve through a Cabinet meeting.
All Kerala government employees are happy with the new recommendations given by the 10th Kerala Pay Revision Commission 2015. Based on this the revised salary scales of Govt employees in Kerala has been updated for your reference.
The most important revision done by CN Ramachandran Nair Commission was that the salary of Lower Division Clerk was raised to Rs.21000 and Upper Division clerk by Rs.26500. This will surely increase the number of applicants for upcoming LDC, UDC Examinations by KPSC.
Aided Higher secondary 1810 Posts
Cabinet decided to add 1810 new posts to new Aided higher secondary schools approved in 2014-15. Higher secondary teacher 649, Junior teacher 679, Principal 125, Junior to senior up gradation 167, Lab assistant 190.
Salary of Part Time Contingent employees will be hiked to Rs.8500. If the recommendations are approved by Government then the salary revision will be applicable from 1st July 2015 But this amount will not be given out or credited as cash. It will be added with the Pension. From February 2016 all the Kerala Government employees will get Salary based on the revised pay packages because the recommendations of 10th Pay Revision Commission was approved by Kerala cabinet on Wednesday, 20 January 2016 (20-1-16). There will be only 3 amendments in the report given by the Commission and the Cabinet under Kerala Chief Minister Oomen Chandy has approved the same.
New Salary scale of Teachers is as follows,
- LP, UP Teacher will get Rs 25200 as revised salary while old salary scale was Rs 13210
- High School Teacher will get Rs 29200 as revised salary while old salary scale was Rs 15380
- Higher Secondary Teacher will get Rs 39500 as revised salary while old salary scale was Rs 20740
- UP School Assistant Basic pay salary is Rs.13,210 – 22,360
Cabinet is approving Pay revision with Amendments in the report and the important points approved by Cabinet are as follows,
- Special Allowance, Risk Allowance increased by 10 % every year
- Medical insurance will be given.
- Option system has been terminated
- Special pay system Withdrawn and only Doctors of Health department will get Special Pay
- 90 days Leave for employees who get organ transplantation surgery
- Minimum salary of Part Time employees increased to Rs 8200 from old scale of Rs 4250 and the maximum salary of Part-time staff will be Rs 16460 from old scale of Rs 8400.
Other Important salary revisions
- LD clerk revised salary Rs 19000 from old scale of Rs 9940
- Staff nurse revised salary Rs 27800 from old scale of Rs 13900
- Police constable revised salary Rs 22200 from old scale of Rs 10480
- Assistant surgeon revised salary Rs 51600 from old scale of Rs 27140
- Assistant engineer revised salary Rs 39500 from old scale of Rs 20740
Pay Revision for the Education Institutions of Government, Aided Schools, Colleges .etc. and including employees in part time post, casual sweepers have been made.
- Class Three Officers who give best performance only will get Higher Grade of 4
- Only if Leave Surrender of employees is reduced from 13 to 12 months, then LTA (Leave Travel Allowance) will be given as per Central Government rules.
- Four Specialty cadres of Doctors in Health Department should be reduced to 3 by merging General and Administrative.
- Senior Doctors of Health Dept in Specialty Cadres will get Salary equal to DHS and promoted to the post of Director of Specialties.
- Part Time Contingent Employees should get not less than 1250 at the rate of 12% fitment. For each completed year of service 0.5% should be calculated to maximum of 15% service weightage. Minimum salary of Part Time Contingent Employees hiked to Rs. 8800 and highest salary to Rs.16800. Their minimum pension will be Rs.4400
- Pay scale of Casual sweepers should be increased from Rs.4000 to Rs.5000.
- Fitment allowance of Pensioners should be merged to 18% and dearness allowance 80%.
- Pension under One Rank service based on service.
- Death-Retirement Gratuity (DCRG) to be made to Rs.14,00,000 (14 Lakhs)
- Station House Officers (HSO) of selected 100 Police Stations should be promoted to the positions of Circle Inspectors and police officers under them should be divided and utilized for case investigation and Peace and safety. Special selection board should be implemented for selection of HSO’s and DYSP’s for this purpose.
- Pay scales of Civil Police Officers, Senior Civil Police Officers will be changed to next level.
- Salary scales for all main posts in Universities will be changed to that of Secretariat pay.
- Punching should be implemented in all Departments and should be merged with the software for giving salary and deduction of salary should be made for those who are coming late to office / those who leave early.
- Number of Salary scales is 27 and Stages is 82 which has not been changed.
- Those who do not come for Duty and who illegally do attendance and go out of office without permissions should be found and their salary should be reduced.
- Promotions should be made based on Merit, Experience, Ability.etc. for District level officers, Secretariat staff from levels of Under secretary and more.
- House Rent Allowances of Village, Panchayath areas will be changed from Rs.250 to minimum 1000 and maximum HRA of Rs.1750 and HRA will increase by 1000-3000 from the present 250-1680.
- Hike in City Compensatory Allowances, but few Special pay and Allowances will be removed. Special Pay of categories from Deputy Secretary and higher levels will be discontinued immediately.
- For first 5 Salary scales the Time based Higher Grade validity will be 7/14/21/28 and for other higher pay scales from Rs.58050-101400 there will get 3 and 2 Higher Grades.
What are Important Updates ?
- Minimum Pension Rs. 8,500 and Maximum Pension is Rs 60,000
- Basic / Minimum Salary is Rs. 17,000 and Maximum Salary is Rs, 1,20,000
- Yearly increment will be Rs.500 to Rs.2400
- HRA Rs.3000
- Based on the new changes the Salary will be hiked from Rs.2000 to Rs.12000
- Pension Age will be increased to 58 years.
- To get the benefits of Full Pension scheme the total service period should be 25 years
- All changes in salary will be implemented from July 2014 and it will be added to Employees Provident Fund.
- Higher Post Revenue Dept employee will get promotion or post as Principal Thahasildar with higher salary scale.
- Village Officer will get the position of Deputy Thahasildar as promotion based on service, qualification.etc.
- High school Teachers who have 28 years will get position of Deputy HM / Head Master
- Salary revision of employees should be done once in 10 years
- Major changes are recommended for Kerala Police Department and for selection of DYSP based on merit there should be a special selection board.
Main recommendations by Kerala Pay Commission that was submitted on 10 July 2015 (10-7-15) are,
- Minimum salary will be Rs.17000 and highest salary will be Rs.1,20,000
- Secretariat Assistant Basic Salary revised to Rs.28000
- Village Officer will get the position of Deputy Thahasildar based on service, qualification.etc.
- High school Teachers will get position if HM Head Master based on service, qualification.etc.
- Age limit has been increased to 58 years
- Full Pension for 25 years service only
- Minimum HRA Allowance increased to Rs.1000
- Glass / Spectacles Allowance Rs.1200
High School Teachers
- Revised pay scale of High School teachers Salary will be Rs.30700.
- High school teachers who did not get Promotion as Headmaster after a particular period of service will be given the Deputy Head Master post.
Last Grade Servants Salary
Rs.16,500 – 35,700 is scale of pay for Last Grade servants in Kerala.
Minimum Salary – 10 th Kerala Pay Revision Commission 2014-2015 Recommendations
There are many Free Pay Fixation Software available for download in web for finding out Kerala Fixation of Pay / Fitment Details. Pension revision that will benefit around 4 lakh pensioners was also approved. The revision will have effect on salary from July 2014. The salary arrears based on it will be issued from April 2017 as 4 installments, avoiding the old way of merging it with Provident Fund. In addition 3% DA from January 2015 ,and 6% DA from July 2015 will also be issued.
On Monday, 13 July 2015 Commission under Ramachandran Nair submitted their report regarding the main changes that are to be introduced in the Minimum salary and Pension of Kerala Government employees.
Kerala 2016 Pay Fixation Software for making Pay revision calculations are popular at present.
10 th Pay revision recommendations news Updates from Kerala
Minimum Pension Rs. 8,500 and Maximum Pension is Rs 60,000
Basic / Minimum Salary is Rs. 17,000 and Maximum Salary is Rs, 1,20,000
Yearly increment will be Rs.500 to Rs.2400
Based on the new changes the Salary will be hiked from Rs.2000 to Rs.12000
Pension Age will be increased to 58 years.
To get the benefits of Full Pension scheme the total service period should be 25 years
All changes in salary will be implemented from July 2014 and it will be added to Employees Provident Fund.
Village Officer will get the position of Deputy Thahasildar based on service, qualification.etc.
High school Teachers who have 28 years will get position of Deputy HM / Head Master
Salary revision of employees should be done once in 10 years
Major changes are recommended for Kerala Police Department and for selection of DYSP based on merit there should be a special selection board.
Recommendations of 10th Kerala Pay Revision 2015 report
LD Clerk Rs.21000-43000 (Rs.9940-15380) – Lower Division Clerk
UD Clerk Rs.26500-53000 (Rs.13210-22370) – Upper Division Clerk
HSA Rs.30700-62000 (Rs.14620-23480)
Last Grade Servants Rs.17000-35700 (Rs.87320-12550)
High School teachers Salary Rs.30700
Main recommendations by Kerala Pay Commission that was submitted on 10 July 2015 (10-7-15) are,
Minimum salary will be Rs.17000 and highest salary will be Rs.1,20,000
Secretariat Assistant Basic Salary revised to Rs.28000
To know entire details about the revisions made by Pay revision.
The submission of Tenth Pay revision of Kerala was done on 10 July 2015. The age for Retirement and Pension of Krala Govt employees will be raised to 58 years from 56 years. 10 th Kerala Pay Revision Commission under Justice CN Ramachandran Nair will submit a report to Government, recommending minimum Salary of Govt employes to Rs.16000 and the maximum high salary given will be raised to Rs.1,00,000. The new revised salary is calculated by joining 80% Dearness Allowance that is given at present to Salary and this will result in a 13% hike in salary.
In the 9th Kerala Pay Revision Commission the salary hike was 12%. With the increase in Minimum Salary to Rs.16000, the Tenth Kerala Pay Revision Commission has recommended that the performance of Government employees should also be increased. The term of this 10th Kerala Pay Commission is ending on 30 June 2015 and a report will be submitted before that.
Other than the hike in minimum salary there are lot of lot of recommendations given by this Commission which will be updated soon when the report is submitted officially.
Recommendations made by 10 th Kerala Pay Revision Commission will be sanctioned and implemented by Cabinet meeting from 1.1.2016 (1 January 2016). The recommendations of salary scale is made for Kerala Government employees, Govt Aided Colleges, Schools, Local Self Government employees.
Master Scale Comparison of Present Kerala Govt Pay Scale and New Proposed Revised Pay Scales
82 Stages – Existing scales (2009)
82 Stages – Existing scales (2014)