On Sunday, 18 February 2018 there will be Congress – CPM hartal at Alappuzha from morning to afternoon in protest against attacks between DYFI – KSU. On Wednesday, 24th January 2018 (24-1-2018) there will be Motor vehicle strike all over Kerala. All Trade unions except BMS will take part in this strike on 24-1-2018 in protest against increase of fuel prices. KSRTC Buses, private buses will not run on 24-1-18. Kerala university, Calicut university, CUSAT examinations have been postponed. Kannur universityhas changed all exams except Mped, Bped exams to 25th. PSC exams have not been changed as per information till 23rd evening. This motor vehicle strike will be like a hartal in Kerala and is against hike in petrol, diesel prices. There will be holiday for most schools as there is difficulty for public transportation with strike by KSRTC buses, private buses .etc.
On Monday 22 January 2017 therecwill be Vidhyabyasa bandh ( Education strike / student strike) all over Kerala by ABVP in protest against attack on Syamaprasad at Kannur. On Friday, 19 January 2018 at Kannur an ABVP activist and ITI student Shyamaprasad was attacked by a group, and in this incident he lost life. There will be a BJP hartal at Kannur on 20-1-2018.
KSU students strike in Kozhikode on 17-1-2018 against attack on KSU supporter in Kozhikode Law college.
On Wednesday, 10-1-2018 District collector has given holiday for Government, Aided, Unaided schools in Thrissur due to closing ceremony of School Kalolsavam. This school holiday on 10th January 2018 is not applicable for CBSE schools in Thrissur
Motor vehicle strike on Satuday, 6th January 2018 has been cancelled in Kerala. Earlier it was was decided to do Motor vehicle strike on 6-1-18 to protest against Motor Vehicle Act Bill 2017 (Amendment Bill) being presented in Rajya Sabha. Autorickhaw, KSRTC buses, Light motor vehicles, private bus, Heavy vehicles, Automobile workshops, spare parts companies. As per latest news there will be no Vahana Panimudakku / motor vehicle strike in Kerala.
LDF led CPI(M) hartal at Payyoli in Kozhikode on Friday, 29th December 2017 (29-12-17) from 6 to 6 as protest against CBI arrest of CPIM leaders in connection with Manoj case. CPI (M) hartal on Thurday, 28-12-2017 at Sreekaryam and Ulloor areas in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) in protest against attack on CPI(M) party leader. On 27th December 2017 there was an attack on Vanchiyoor area committee member L.S Saju by RSS activists and as a protest a hartal was called on 28-12-17 by CPIM. There was more than 100 hartals in Kerala in year 2017. As we are welcoming year 2018 we have to wait and see whether number of hartals, bandhs decrease in 2018.
BJP hartal on 26-12-2017 in Ettumanoor municipality in Kottayam and CPM hartal at Thillenkeri, Koodali, Maloor, Keezhalloor panchayaths, Iritti, Mattannur corporations in Kannur from 6.00 am to 6.00 pm. 28-12-2017
Keralathil ‘nale hartal undo’, ‘nale hartal ano’ ‘nale hartal pinvalicho’, hartal pinvalichu’ are common inquiries by people of Kerala as this is God’s own country for hartals and bandhs. All latest news updates on Kerala hartal will be updated. Is there any problems related to hartal happening today. What is condition of hartal in Kerala with latest news photos, videos will be updated. Most exams in schools, colleges, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala University, PSC exams, interviews.etc. scheduled to be conducted on Kerala hartal dates will be postponed.
Information regarding postponing of exams, classes .etc. has to be confirmed by everyone with their respected areas. We cannot guarantee or take responsibility regarding any dates and whether it will be postponed unless official declaration is received.
People of Kerala start their day by asking ‘Is there any hartal tomorrow ?’ or ‘Is there a Hartal today?’. It’s because hartals have become a routine procedure in life of an average Keralite.
Harthal in Kerala latest news 2018 – Holidays
- 18-2-2018 Alappuzha Congress, CPM hartal from 6.00 to afternoon
- 24-1-2018 Motor vehicle strike all over Kerala
- 22-1-2018 Students strike all over Kerala by ABVP
- 20-1-2018 BJP hartal at Kannur in protest against aytack on ABVP activist Shyamaprasad.
- 11-1-2018 – UDF hartal at Thrithala in Palakkad, School holiday in Kozhikode because they won school kalolsavam.
- 10-1-18 Thrissur schools get holiday due to closing ceremony of School kalolsavam. All schools except CBSE get holiday.
- Strike cancelled. On 6-1-2018 – on Saturday, 6th January 2018 there will be no Motor vehicle strike in Kerala
- 29-12-17 – CPI(M) hartal at Payyoli in Kozhikode on Friday, 29th December 2017
- 28-12-17 CPIM hartal at Sreekaryam, Ulloor in Trivandrum
- 26-12-2017 – BJP hartal on Tuesday, 26th December 2017 at Ettumanoor municipality in protest of attack on a RSS office. CPM hartal at Thillenkeri, Koodali, Maloor, Keezhalloor, Iritti, Mattannur.
- 1-12-2017 Public holiday for Nabidinam Schools, colleges, offices holiday on 1st December 2017.
- 9-12-2017 BJP hartal at Ponnani in Malappuram.
- 26-11-2017 BJP hartal at Kaipamangalam in Thrissur.
- 18-11-17 SDPI hartal at Kollam cancelled
- 22-11-2017 Hartal at Idukki
- 13-11-2017 BJP hartal at Guruvayoor, Manaloor.
- 10-11-2017 UDF hartal against attack on Youth congress activists by AIYF.
- 8 November 2017 തൃശൂര് ജില്ലയില് ഹിന്ദു ഐക്യവേദി ഹര്ത്താല് (8/11/2017)
- 3 November 2017 Hartal at Chavakkad
- On 1st November 2017, UDF hartal at Karasserry, Kizhiparambu, Kodiyathoor panchayaths in Kozhikode in protests against Lathi charge on GAIL protesters.
October 2017 hartals
- Vidyabyasa Bandh – Students strike announced by KSU at Kollam on Tuesday, 24 October 2017.
- 24-10-2017 – Hartal at 4 panchayaths in Idukki like Upputhara, Irattayar, Kanchiyaar, Ayyappankovil due to problems in in giving pattayam to people
- 16-10-2017 – UDF hartal on Monday, 16th October 2017 all over Kerala. This Congress hartal in Kerala is in protest against GST taxation problems and hike in petrol diesel prices due to non reduction of tax by Kerala state government.
- 9 October 2017, CPI M hartal at Panoor in Kannur in protest on RSS attack. UDF hartal at Kadamboor in Kannur on same day.
- 9th, 10th October 2017 there will be All India Motor vehicle strike for 4 hours.
- 8-9-2017 – Due to heavy rainfalls, all schools in Kerala state has been given holiday on Monday 18th September 2017 (18/9/2017).
- 16-9-2017 BJP hartal at Sultan Bathery in Wayanad district.
- 24-8-2017 BJP Hartal at Tirur from 12 pm to night 8 pm.
- 18-8-2017 Kerala Private bus strike.
- BJP Hartal in Kerala on 30 July 2017 – BJP has called for hartal on Sunday, 30-7-2017.
- PDP Hartal Cancelled – Hartal which was to be held on on Wednesday, 26 July 2017 by Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has been called off.
- On Wednesday,12 July 2017 (12-7-2017) there will be BJP hartal at Payyanur in Kannur district in protest against attack on BJP office.
- On Tuesday,11 July 2017 (11-7-2017) there will be RSS hartal at Pathanamthitta in protest against lathi charge by Police on 10 July.
- On Friday, 7 July 2017 (7-7-2017) there will be KSU hartal at Idukki in protest against lathi charge by Police at Thodupuzha on 6 July.
- On Tuesday, 4 July 2017 hartal at Harippad in Alleppey organized by Yuvamorcha of BJP party.
- On Tuesday, 4 July 2017 വിദ്യാഭ്യാസ ബന്ദ് / Vidhyabhyasa Bandh by KSU Party in Kerala.
Kerala hartal has made a Century in 2017 from January to October month. Yes Kerala people had 100 hartals till now in 2017 and is continuing to increase.
BJP, RSS parties had called for 38 hartals while CPM (LDF) and Congress (UDF) called for 14 hartals each till now in year 2017. UDF party has credit for 100th hartalin Kerala which will be on 16th October 2017.