Attukal Pongala 2018 festival will be held at Attukal Bhagavathy temple located at Trivandrum in Kerala on 2-3-2018. Even if Pongala festival is held at different temples allover Kerala, the pongala at Attukal is unique. Women devotees from all over World come to attend this festival as an offering to Goddess Attukalamma. This makes everyone ask details regarding dates of Attukal pongala in year 2018.
They want to know it for making arrangements for attending it. Pongala Mahotsavam at Attukal is held for 10 days beginning from 22 February 2018 to 3 March 2018. Attukal Devi at Trivandrum is believed to hear and solve all problems of devotees. Pongala nivedyam is prepared using jaggery, coconut and offered to Devi who was actually Kannaki. Attukal pongala 2018 date is on 2 March 2018 (2-3-2018). Festival at Attukal Bhagavathy Temple will begin from 22nd February 2018 (22-2-2018) to 3rd March 2018 (3-3-2018).
Another Hindu pilgrimage destination that is famous for Pongala is Karikkamom. Among most popular Pongala festival in Kerala first place is for Attukal, second place for Chakkulathukavu temple near Alappuzha and third place for Karikkakom. Attukal temple in Thiruvananthapuram is known as ‘Sabarimala of Women’ and every year women worshipers who come to offer pongala to Attukal devi increases by lakhs.
It’s name is in Guinness book for highest number of women devotees gathering at a place to offer pongala. Many Kerala actresses acting in Malayalam movies, Television serials will attend Pongala festival held at Attukal on 2-3-2018. This is because they believe that all their problems in life and career are solved by Attukal Amma who is the main Goddess worshiped in this temple.
Attukal pongala 2018 schedule
Pongala Day timings 2-3-2018
- 10.15 am on Friday, 2nd March 2018 (2/3/18) – Lighting Pongala hearth (aduppu kathikkal / അടുപ്പു കത്തിക്കൽ).
- 2.30 pm on 2 March 2018 (2/3/2018) – Blessing of Pongala Nivedyam known as Sanctification (നിവേദ്യം).
Details of Attukal pongala 2018 festival starting and ending is as follows.
- 22-2-2018 5.45 pm – Thursday, 22 February 2018 – Kappukettu, Kudiyiruthu (കാപ്പുകെട്ട് കുടിയിരുത്ത്)
- 24-2-2018 8.45 am – Saturday, 24 February 2018 – Kuthiyotta Vritham starting day (കുത്തിയോട്ട വൃതo ആരംഭം )
- 2-3-2018 10.15 am – Friday, 2 March 2018 – 7.45 pm Kuthiyottam chooralkuthu (കുത്തിയോട്ടം ചൂരൽകുത്ത്), Thalappoli ; 11.15 pm Procession of Attukal Devi (Attukalamma) starts which is known as Purathezhunnallathu of Attukal Devi.
- 3-3-2018 9.00 pm – Saturday, 3 March 2018 Kappu Azhippu, Kudiyilakkal. 12.30 am Kuruthi Tharppanam ending this Pongala festival at Attukal Bhagavathy temple for year 2018.
All Malayalam news channel like Mathrubhumi, Mangalam, Reporter tv, Manorama news, Asianet, Mediaone, Kairali, Kerala vision will give live streaming telecast through it’s television channels and YouTube live broadcast.
Malayalam celebrities attending Attukal pongala
Green protocol has been started during pongala at Attukal to prevent dumping of plastic waste allover city. Steel vessels, clothe bags, paper plates, cups .etc. will be used. Thousand of Police officers will be deployed allover city limits to make sure that no difficulties happen to pilgrims.
Sahasra Kalashabishekam will be held from 15th May 2018 to 20th at Attukal temple. Mahabrahmakalasham Rs.10001 ; Kumbesha Brahmakalasham Rs.8001 ; Khandabrama kalasham ; Rs.3001 Ordinary kalasham Rs.151
Are you interested in knowing about next year pongala date at Attukal temple. Attukal Pongala 2019 will be held on Wednesday, 20 February 2019 (20-2-2019).